Empower yourself! Self motivation: concept and tips for developing it. Discover how to motivate yourself and achieve success.
But what is self-motivation? It seems like a simple technique, but many can’t be that way. And what is the reason? Let’s talk about it.
What we will see in this article
Self motivation: what is it?
What is self-motivation: Self-motivation is the technique of a leader to always stay motivated, focused on his goals, and prepared to lead.
This above is one of the countless definitions on the subject, did you know that?
Self-motivation can have many different names and also appear in various formats along your journey, and can even be called “Meeting Challenges”. W
ell, and this is what it really means, because facing them is nothing more than you having the will and motivation to improve the situations, and coming out a winner most of the times!
How important is self motivation?
A zealous and passionate leader will create an atmosphere of excitement and motivate team members to give their best.
It is necessary to understand what self-motivation is.
Does self-motivation increase confidence?
Leaders take pleasure in successfully completing complex and challenging long-term projects. They will eventually act as a natural confidence booster for the leader.
Does self-motivation help reduce stress?
Self-motivation helps reduce stress yes.
In the absence of self-motivation, leaders may experience a marked level of stress. This can lead to adverse thoughts, self-criticism, and criticism from others for not being able to deliver the required results.
How to live without guilt while being self-motivated?
Enhanced self-motivation helps in a leader’s continuous improvement and in controlling self-regrets.
Through self-assessment, leaders can evaluate their strengths and weaknesses; identify possible areas of opportunity and handle the challenges of the job with new zeal and vigor. This helps on the subject of “what is self-motivation”.
Career progression and self-motivation
Career advancement can be considered the result of self-motivation. Self-motivated leaders are in a better position to successfully achieve their goals, climb the ladders of success, and progress professionally, reaching new heights.
What does it mean to be self-motivated?
Self-motivation means you always act to renew your strength and motivation on targets and goals that have been proposed by yourself or by someone else, such as a leader or a company.
Being self-motivated means that you produce your own “fuel” to be always willing to do what is necessary to keep up the momentum of your work and mission, without having to rely on others to motivate your steps forward.
Motivation and self-motivation
The difference between motivation and self-motivation, is that in motivation, you always encourage and empower another person, as in a mentory, but the “self” is the act and making ourselves always engaged for the tasks, with full delivery and satisfaction.
What are the basics of self-motivation?
- The fact that you are alive: the simple fact that you are alive is a motivation to move forward and keep this flame of life burning. The fact that you are alive today is a sign that you have been saved from so many other dangers in life that it should motivate you to continue on your way and follow through with your dreams and plans!
- To be able to face challenges: even if you are already facing great challenges, the fact that you can face them head on is already a great victory. Not letting your head or guard down for them is fantastic. Challenges bring their pain, but they are great so that we can learn from our mistakes, strengthen our convictions, and be ready for others to come, in a firmer and more secure way.
- Having friends: friendships are one of the wonders of this world! Everyone has friendships, even with people we might not like to live with, but for some reason they really like us. Value every friendship, every person who pays attention to your existence, your talents, and be happy that you are never alone.
- Having studied: if you are reading this post, congratulations because it is due to your effort to have studied and be looking for something more for yourself! More knowledge, more wisdom, but fundamentals for your career and for your life. Be happy for what you have achieved, and also motivate yourself to keep studying for new achievements and to keep the ones you have already achieved.
- Being intelligent: you are intelligent, you can think, reason, plan That is, you are capable of doing anything you wish, so plan, study, go ahead to conquer your dreams and help others to do so as well. Help those who depend on you, those around you, use your creative mind for good things, and then you will always be motivated to move forward!
- Be a unique person: remember that you are a unique person, a special person, with thoughts unique to you! Nobody is like you, don’t compare yourself to others and value who you are, not what you have! The value of life is in you and not in the objects. Your achievements are worth it because they are yours, so value yourself and value others around you.
How to achieve self-motivation?
What is self-motivation and what are the benefits? The direct benefits about this process is the security you will feel and also the strengthening of the leadership skills you possess.
Some abilities may not be known to you, but will reveal themselves more and more as you go through this process.
What are the benefits of self-motivation?
- Expand the vision: Motivated leaders want to grow more and more and train new leaders to be able to expand the vision and goals of their entire team.
- Delegate tasks and be at peace: Motivation in leaders helps them delegate tasks and trust their team more. This values them and also motivates them to do their jobs very well.
- Achieving goals: Helps leaders set clear goals and also figure out ways to achieve those goals more consistently.
- Team Inspiration: Motivated leaders motivate others to adopt their leadership style and handle day-to-day responsibilities.
- New Achievements: Self-motivated leaders continually evolve and improve as they reach new heights of motivation after each achievement.
What is leader self-motivation
The leader’s self-motivation is his gas, his fuel to keep working harder and better.
Some are born this way and others are focused because they have created customs and practices to enable them to be and act this way.
Let’s see here some great points on how the leader can motivate himself!
- Fitness: Leaders, who primarily follow a disciplined and rigorous health regimen are expected to maintain physical fitness. Al and mental, have an improved level of self-motivation.
- Network: a leader’s level of self-motivation will improve if they are surrounded by a motivated company or group of people. By attending seminars, conferences, or various workshops, leaders can become motivated and recharged.
- Back to basics: leaders who have a high sense of motivation are focused in their approach and follow a disciplined routine. They cling to certain good habits that they follow religiously and without fail. Whether it is the habit of reading motivational books or inspirational content, following a disciplined lifestyle. Or any other right habit, they perform them regularly.
- Permanent Focus: Motivated leaders are certain about their strategies and how they plan to achieve their goals. They can see the big picture along with the challenges ahead.
- Be accountable: By developing a high sense of accountability, leaders are motivated to complete tasks within stipulated deadlines and resources.
- Enjoy: Motivated leaders take pleasure and look for ways to have fun and enjoy working.
Need for Emotional Intelligence
Have you ever noticed that some professionals seem to be smarter than most people when faced with adverse situations? They do well especially because they fight emotions that will sabotage their own career and emotions.
Emotional intelligence helps us to deal with challenges more smoothly than they appear to be, and to focus on solving the problem rather than on the size of the problem.
What are the problems of lacking emotional intelligence?
- Bad Habits: When we talk about what motivation is, you also need to understand that there are the opposites of not being self-motivated. To achieve the desired results, leaders must be able to assess the factors that prevent them from achieving their goals. They must work to get rid of these habits, replacing them with positive or productive habits.
- Lack of Adequate Resources: In the absence of availability of adequate resources, leaders fail to achieve desired goals. They may have problems related to scarcity of funds, lack of training or availability of the necessary skilled personnel, technological limitations, or management improvements.
- Lack of desire: This occurs when tasks and actions do not satisfy our heart and do not make sense for our lives. We tend to stick to practices that suck our time and energy and hide from necessary and priority tasks in our leadership.
- External pressures or circumstances: external pressures or circumstances frustrate leaders’ level of self-motivation. This may be due to a failure to meet the expectations of others, which is not right. Also by getting the desired support or cooperation from others to achieve the goals and not getting them.
These are just a few points that can demotivate a leader, however, they cannot be excuses to go down this path. You have to face every situation and find solutions in a creative and dynamic way, but to do so you have to change your understanding as we will see below.
Motivate yourself every day
So we can conclude that the subject of what is self-motivation for a leader is an essential prerequisite.
There are those who have a sense of self-motivation are in a better position to achieve strategic results and drive growth and productivity.
Motivated leaders stimulate a sense of passion or enthusiasm among team members to achieve challenging goals and improve existing systems and processes.
Also advocating excellent change initiatives with the support of others and managing resources optimally.
They play a crucial role in promoting organizational excellence, setting examples for the team.
Also monitoring progress periodically and filling the gaps with solutions or proactive workarounds.
Many factors hinder the self-motivation of leaders, which can range from personal factors such as bad habits to environmental factors or circumstantial factors.
Leaders lose the necessary motivation due to the lack of availability of the necessary resources, such as technology, skills, finances, or human resources.
Efficient and highly motivated leaders are charged with performing better and overcoming all challenges.
Always exploring ways or alternatives to achieve the desired results, defining and implementing powerful strategies, and establishing the processes in place.
How to develop self-motivation
- Ouvir e liderar: por meio da escuta ativa e exemplificação de experiências, os líderes fortalecem o vínculo de respeito entre o líder e o seguidor; pode obter resultados e resolver os problemas mais complexos com maior confiança.Benefícios de ouvir e liderar
- Exemplifying self-motivation by setting goals and developing a robust action plan to achieve them.
- Leading and listening helps focus motivational energy in a more positive direction. This facilitates clarity in communicating goals, strategies, and what is expected of team members.
- Through active listening, newer methods or approaches to handle the tasks can be derived. Continuous improvement at work can be achieved by identifying innovative solutions to various problems. This is a result of a collaborative team environment and creative problem solving that involves active listening skills.
- Desafiando e capacitando a si mesmo e a educação: A seguir, apresentamos os benefícios de usar a educação e o empoderamento:
- Self-empowered leaders develop the competence needed to take on extra responsibilities and generate professional synergies at work.
- Leaders can grow and work on their weaknesses through self education and self training. Education helps to keep motivation levels very high by contributing exceptionally on the professional and personal front.
- Self-empowerment helps a leader to face challenges efficiently and successfully. With success in challenging endeavors, leaders with a high sense of self empowerment are motivated to take on more challenges.
- Rewarding and recognizing individual achievements:
- Leaders should reward themselves for their small or significant achievements; this will motivate continuous improvement and the achievement of higher milestones at work. They should recognize their achievements and praise themselves for their excellent work, as this will increase their overall performance and productivity at work.
- Leaders reward themselves by giving time to others or by acting as mentors to others and guiding them in various matters. They can be organizational and personal, sharing their experiences.
- By thinking of people who have inspired others to achieve and follow in their footsteps, leaders can motivate themselves.
Examples of self-motivation
The power of self-motivation always comes from within, not from outside.
Keeping this in mind helps us a lot to understand the many examples that we see and experience in our journey.
Look how interesting it is:
- Parental care for their baby. They themselves have the motivation to always take care of their children;
- Dedication of teachers to students;
- Successful entrepreneurs like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, who saw their creation as the reason to keep going, even when everything looked bad at times.
I hope you enjoyed this article on what self-motivation is. There also remains a fantastic self-motivation quote that will always serve for your life:
“Don’t stop when you are tired. Stop only when you are done.”
Free stress test
Take advantage and do your free stress test now, no registration or anything else required. Just start the test below and get the results.
PS. This is just a simple test, not intended to define you professionally, nor will it be used for a health report. For this, you should seek a professional such as a Psychologist, Psychiatrist, or other professionals legally able to help you.