Learn How to Use Social Media to Sell Effectively Discover effective strategies to boost your sales on social media.
Do you know how to use social media to sell well? Many people think that there are many techniques and secrets behind a sale.
Yes, they exist, but actually selling is no secret at all.
What we will see in this article
How do you sell an idea?
Do you know how to sell your idea?
Communication is one of the most innate characteristics of the human being. From an early age, we learn to listen and then to recognize words. From this linguistic absorption, we begin to speak and express our ideas. But what does this have to do with selling?
Now, when we express an idea to someone, we are trying to sell it. That is, to convey a convincing argument that makes the person interested in what we are talking about and believe the narrative.
Can anyone sell?
Yes. As much as there are techniques to perfect communication persuasive and strategies to master conversion and make customer decide to buy something, anyone can sell.
In fact, many people who have never worked in sales in their lives are sometimes positively surprised at how well they perform when they need to accomplish this task.
This is because the art of selling is very much related to the ability to communicate and understand the nuances and needs of others.
Why has social media become a great platform for sales?
Because they are communication channels that operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Thus, they attract the interested public and allow the consumer with the brand, enabling them to express their opinions, learn more about the company and be able to interact with it.
What is the difference between sales and advertising?
How to use social media for outreach and how to use social media to sell products, services, ideas, or personal promotion?
At this point it is necessary to stop and differentiate exactly what we are wanting and talking about here. The sale is always of something, but for a sale to be effective, you need to advertise the product or service, etc.
When we talk about personal promotion and publicity, we are talking about investing in marketing and advertising to expand the word of your professional achievements, skills, or your success using product X or Y.
The sale is when a person, trusting the authority of your disclosure, buys the product, service, or idea you are offering at that moment.
Has it become simpler now to understand the difference between one and the other?
How can social networks be used?
To leverage your social networks, you also need to follow some rules:
- You need to post content that interests people, not what only interests you.
- It is necessary to answer people’s questions.
- Plan to insert daily content up to 2-5 times a day on social networks.
- Don’t be in a hurry to get started. Create a lot of good content and do a good planning before you start inserting posts.
- Focus on one subject initially. Don’t go “shooting all over the place”. You need to specialize in something to become an authority and a reference on the subject.
- Don’t be discouraged, because virtually everyone who has entered this field has taken at least 1 year to get noticed. Can it be different with you? Yes, but prepare yourself not to be. Count on your efforts, not only on your talent.
- You need to read up on how to use social media to sell and plan for products and services that you will use yourself. Be transparent in everything.
How to use social networks for sales?
Do you want to know how to use social media to sell well? This is the million dollar question, but it shouldn’t be, should it?
Selling on social networks is the same as selling to close friends or relatives, because you only need to advertise your product, and the trust people already have in you will do the rest.
For example, if you recommend a shampoo that is very good for your hair. That in itself will already make other people interested in this product, isn’t that how it works?
Likewise it is with your social networks. A recommendation of something you really value is enough to get people interested. This is relationship through your networking.
How to sell through the company’s social networks?
Selling through the company’s social networks already requires a little more effort than doing it personally, because the company also needs to have good relationships and build a good brand of authority in what it sells.
- First, plan what you will sell, price, promotions, seasonality, and all services.
- Define who will do your company’s internet sales, whether it will be outsourced or if you prefer to train employees for this, or even hire specialized people.
- Set up a good team to handle customer complaints and create opportunities through them. On the Internet, you have to run very fast so that complaints do not spread in a negative way. Be prepared for anything.
- Define whether the company will have a sales site, sell through a MarketPlace, or create its own site for the product or service.
- Create customer service channels.
- Create speed of service and clear answers for your customer.
- Look for great delivery partners that not only guarantee delivery sometimes even before the deadline, but also have guarantees about product damage on delivery.
- Create channels for customers to give testimonials about your products, if possible even by videos, so that you can publicize and show your good service.
How to sell more through social networks?
In order to know how to sell more through social networks, you must first of all already know how much you are selling today, right? Without this, you will have no idea whether you are selling more or less during the period.
Next, you need to get organized and prepare it in a system or spreadsheet:
- How much I sell today
- Which social network makes the most profit
- Which social network most focuses my product or service
- How much does it cost to advertise on these social networks
- What is my free range and paid range
- Set a daily budget so you can spread the word (that’s right, daily)
- Discover the best selling days for your product or service and invest more there
- Look for partners and affiliates that will help sell your product through commissions
- Create clear rules of what can be disclosed, how it can be disclosed and in which channels, thus avoiding getting “burned” by some of these partners or affiliates.
- Also use MarketPlaces like Google and Hotmart, which are not free.
What is Loyalty Marketing?
Building digital marketing strategies is one of the main tools for leveraging sales through social media. There are different ways to attract your customer, so it’s important to identify which type best suits your product or service and your target audience.
Moreover, the very dynamics of social networks make them an excellent channel for customer loyalty. This is because they are a constant relationship channel, which helps with retention.
They also make it possible to carry out post-sales strategies, which helps in building authority of the company. Let’s take a closer look at some aspects that make social media help anyone to sell well.
This is loyalty marketing!
How to understand my customer’s pains?
This is one of the main points in any sales relationship: knowing how to understand my customer’s pains. You have to understand exactly what people want, and then offer solutions that solve their problems.
When you demonstrate familiarity and understanding of your customer’s pains, it will be easier for them to trust you. So understanding all the nuances of the customer’s problems in an amplified way allows you to offer customized solutions and communicate this to them in a way that will captivate them.
Focus on segmentation
By speaking directly to your target audience, and even more specifically, to your persona, the company is able to start a relationship with that person. It is you can accomplish this through highly targeted ads and content creation targeted specifically to that customer’s pains.
How do I define my target audience?
Social networks provide important information about your ideal customer, both in terms of their interests in your solution and personal aspects.
They all help define the persona, and consequently make it easier for the company to identify a common profile that would be the ideal customer. If the company can learn how to define my target audience, develop strategies to attract and sell to this type of customer, sales are sure to grow.
How to arouse my client’s curiosity?
You can arouse curiosity in your potential customer by asking open-ended questions, allowing them to discover for themselves what the main attractions of the product and service are.
Social networks are great tools to awaken people’s interest in topics and subjects that they were not very familiar with. Everything is related to the communication you use for that.
Every good salesman must always have his ears open and be interested in what his customer has to say. This is why it is so important to build a genuine relationship with him.
Every customer feels more comfortable when they realize that they have an open and direct communication channel with the salesperson. This premise holds true for both physical and digital sales.
The advantage of social networks, in this respect, is that they are already a communication channel in themselves. Therefore, it is easier to organize a strategy so that you always answer all your customers’ questions, comments, complaints, and compliments through these channels.
Is it worth investing in remarketing?
Another golden possibility that social networks present is investment in remarketing. These are techniques that make the customer remember that they were interested in your product. You can do this through emails, targeted ads, or even via direct messages.
With social networks, selling has become even easier. So, don’t think that to sell well you need to learn fancy techniques or study hard. The main thing is to pay attention to your customer, listen to him, understand what he wants, and offer a compatible solution.
Is it worth investing in social networks or SEO?
This is one of the questions that many people ask themselves, because investing in social networks ends up getting very expensive and you will totally depend on only 1 partner for your sales.
On the contrary, SEO will provide answers for your customers through internet searches, and with that, all you need is a responsive, easy site with SEO rules to rank better in searches, at no extra cost.
The difference is that by investing in social media, your sale is actually much faster, compared to the time it takes your site to start ranking in Google and Bing, which can take from 3 months up to 1 year on average.
Sure, we have had articles here at Leader and Management that ranked well already in the same week, however it is not the rule.
If you plan well, you will find that you can invest in both models and have a great pattern of sales through all channels.
In which social network should I invest?
This is another important question: In which social network should I invest?
To help you with this, we will put some items that are fundamental for your best choice. In fact, you can invest in all social networks, but have a greater focus on the one that is most profitable.
Also understand that profitable is not the one that sells the most, but the one that guarantees the most financial profit for you.
An example: You sell a product for $50.00. Of this amount, let’s say that between taxes, labor, and advertising, you spend $ 25.00, then your net profit is $ 25.00.
Here is what you need to understand in order to choose the best investment:
- Try to define your target audience and see where you have the most interaction.
- What is the content that you will provide? For example, a coach uses Linkedin a lot because it is a professional service network, yet Facebook and Instagram are for entertainment. Youtube has a great charge for learning.
- Which social network brings the most profit?
- Which social network offers greater resources to reach your audience?
Well, with all this information, we hope you have enjoyed and learned a lot, because we have done it with all care so that you can grow and develop more and more each day.
Leave your comment below, we really want to hear from you.